Thursday, May 13, 2010

"A Little Help From My Friends"


Those of you who read blogs often know that it's a tight-knit little group and we were touched by these photos of Stephanie's childhood home. Please take a moment to look at these devasating photos and keep the people of middle Tennessee in your prayers.






Quote from Stephanie's blog, " My mom's street was in a 1,000 year flood plain, which does not require homeowners to have flood insurance. 95% of the people on my mom's street, including my mom, did not have flood insurance. It addition to monetary donations, I have also sent out an email for donations of appliances, furniture, linens etc. I will work on adding a tab to this blog to highlight what has been donated and what is still needed. We are working on getting a POD storage unit set up in her driveway to store all donations."

Here's a link to Stephanie's design blog (a really good one!) and the special blog she did to help her parents raise money to rebuild their home. Please click if you would like to donate to a good cause:

http://sabbespot.blogspot.com/2010/05/do-you-know-what-flood-looks-like.html




2 comments:

  1. how sweet are you? I was just looking at your comment on my friend Laura' blog and thinking, I need to see what they've got going on over there. I am a bit behind on my blog reading!

    I was actually planning to bug you two about some advice for a new design practice. I am getting a few clients here and there and already thinking, What am I doing...(business wise)....I have no clue. Look for an email from me soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie! Hope you got a few extra donations. I went to Vanderbilt actually - nothing but so much love for Nashville.

    Feel free to e-mail or call anytime. I certainly haven't perfected the business formula but I'd be more than happy to share anything I've learned. Best wishes! Emily

    ReplyDelete

Linked Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails