Saturday, May 15, 2010

Summer Inspired Color

I'm all about color lately - it must be all the green outside and flowers in full bloom. Because of this, I shouldn't be surprised that when I stumbled on a photo of a current Missoni collection I was instantly clicking my way over to their website. I have always loved the amazing color and pattern which makes Missoni so unique and desirable. All of their home collections are gorgeous but their new Bouquet collections and the images on their website really got me in the mood for summer - swimming at my cottage and dining alfresco are two of my favorite things!

I could handle relaxing in this amazing boat or on this dock. The stripes and florals add a nice touch to this otherwise drab environment (haha)...




Dinner and good company under this tent would be fine too...



Missoni pillows, throws, rugs, bedding or furniture would be a great place to find inspiration for a new design. And because they hold so much wow factor with their color and pattern you only need an item or two to anchor your design - a perfect splurge item, which when paired well, can enhance less expensive items.






For a few years now I've been thinking about how well the Margherita dinnerware could be mixed in to accent other simple china patterns. I absolutely LOVE the smooth gradation of the solid colored plates and bowls, and think the colors are stunning...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails