Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm a Fan - Summer Thornton

I just happened upon designer Summer Thornton's website a few weeks ago and quickly became a fan! It's not often that I find a designer's portfolio that matches my design style so perfectly :) Below are a few of the beautiful rooms she has created, but you can see her whole portfolio 'here'. 

She does airy & light, sophisticated & elegant...

{I LOVE the studded brass dresser above and fell head-over-heels for one on Craigslist the other day - until I saw the asking price pop up in my email inbox.}

She does trendy & fun, lively & eclectic...

{I like the mix of patterns and colors in this room, not to mention the various furniture styles which are combined.}

And, oh, does she do whimsical & theatric!

{Not quite sure what this room functions as, perhaps an entry? Either way, it has my eyes darting around, trying to uncover all of its hidden jewels. Can I please have a client who would allow me to do this someday?!} 

ps. My favorite part of Summer's website is her advice page - I have to take note of this idea! I also happen to agree with her on all points...

1. Do at least one thing your mother wouldn't
2. Reference the past, don't repeat it
3. Use patterns and colors recklessly
4. Insist on natural fabrics
5. Colors don't clash
6. Never say never
7. More IS more

3 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Summer's too! How did you find out about her work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie!
    I've been trying to remember how I found her and for the life of me can't! Yikes, my memory is going already! If I remember I'll let you know, but I'm sure I was googling for something and came across it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Miss you Girls! Emily as soon as you have that baby I want to come meet her! Love to both of you, Rael, Slug, Geoff, and of course diego and george.

    ReplyDelete

Linked Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails