Monday, February 1, 2010

Recycled Accessories

I've been trying to think of ways to update the accessories in my home, quickly and inexpensively. Behold, there are some darling ways to use the old items you have hanging around your house. It's great for helping to reduce our landfills, and old things ooze with genuine charm!

I've explored some websites, and here are a few of my favorite ideas. Some I had already implemented, the others are now on my "to-do" list.

I always have a few throws lying around and think this idea to tie them tight with an old belt is fabulous. There are so many different sizes and colors of belts out there, you can surely find some to match your design style. A few of these would look great in a basket together...


Everybody has an old frame hiding around somewhere, and if not, your local thrift store definitely does. I like how this frame/tray still has its original finish, but you could paint it too...


Such a FABULOUS idea! A sturdy, large vase flipped upside down is a perfect side table. I love this idea done with a simple, clear vase because it works in any decor, and is perfect when you need something that doesn't hold much visual weight (good for tight spaces!)...

ps. a stack of old books makes a great side table too! ;)


Another one of my favorites! This is such an easy kitchen picker-upper. A cute vintage bottle makes an adorable (can soap be adorable?!) dish soap dispenser. All you need is an appealing old bottle (look for an interesting shape, color or inscription), a spout and you're set...


The "mom" in me finds this last idea tempting. (I'm planning my daughter's 1st birthday. It's going to be at the park with a tortoise and hares, and I'm going with a flower theme.) These simple flower pots are adorned with stretched socks! I'm thinking of all the cute socks I can find to decorate small flower pots on the park's picnic tables, but this is a cute idea to use in a kids bedroom or playroom too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails