Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Festive Touches Chez Moi

I FINALLY got around to taking some pictures having my husband take some pictures of our Christmas glitz! It's a good thing he got some more camera gear as an early Christmas present and was happy to play. :)

I LOVE all things shiny, especially at Christmas, so I have lots of mercury glass and add to my collection each year. I also think my feather wreath and a white poinsettia are a must have...

{Dark olive green feather wreath layered over gilt mirror}

{Mercury glass Christmas trees on console}

{Poinsettia and mercury glass acorn on top of television cabinet}


{Clementines in vase and bulbs in urn on dining table -
 ps. I need to show off my vintage owl sugar jar! It's amazing!}

{Metallic beaded ornaments in silver dish in bathroom}

{My daughter and I made these polkadot bulbs with Martha Stewart's Smokey Quartz glitter after reading this at Deliciously Organized}


The dried orange garland turned out adorable and I think I'll make new strands each year to represent the start of our family in the good ol' orange capital of California. I sprinkled some Smokey Quartz Martha Stewart glitter on them and threaded them onto natural colored jute. The light shines beautifully through them, the glitter adds the perfect sparkle and somehow garland just pulls the whole tree together!

And here's the star of my Christmas, Rockin' around the Christmas tree! 

{She is literally dancing to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, as everytime this song comes on the radio she throws her toys to the floor and jumps into position}

Hope you're all ready for Christmas! Only more 3 days!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails