Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Projects On-The-Go

I've got two DIY projects waiting for me in my storage unit. I can't wait to get my hands on these!

I've been wanting to swap out our current, college-esque TV stand and last month I found a cabinet PERFECT for hiding our TV. It has doors to conceal the ugly flatscreen, not to mention a shelf that holds the receivers up high where my baby can't reach the DVD eject button (Open, close. Open, close.) Due to our non-existant budget, I searched Craigslist to find it...


We bought this unused, Pier 1 Imports cabinet for $80! I know it isn't the best quality around, but I think it was a pretty good deal...


We have a rug with a mix of persimmon, gold and blue-grey so I'm planning to paint it a high-gloss color something similar to this...


And these are the pulls I'm ordering. I like how they work with the gold nail head detail of my new sofa, but have a hint of black too...
After envisioning my new cabinet, I stumbled on this photo in Lonny. I'm liking the combo!


* * *

I also found some crazy mirrors at a garage sale. This pair was only $20, which is an amazing deal for mirrors! I really love the shape and think they will be great behind our bedside tables...


{Don't mind me in my yoga attire...}


As of now, the plan is paint them blue-grey in a flat finish...

Stay tuned for results! I always get worried about my painting technique and concealing brushstrokes - wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect projects, I love them both especialy the high gloss coral/red piece can't wait!!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the mirrors. Can't say love enough! Looking forward to seeing both finished products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your mirrors! what a great find. can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete

Linked Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails